Sign in with your UTORid and password
Objective Setting for Senior Development Officers
Goal/Objective Setting is a collaborative process that occurs between a staff member and their manager and should be discussed and agreed upon together. It provides individuals with greater clarity on expectations and increases engagement by creating a connection between their own work and a Division’s strategic objectives. As the year progresses and changes to the objectives and expectations occur, further refinement to the plans can be made.
To assist Advancement Professional – Development Officers and their managers in completing the Objective Setting Pilot process the Halogen software tool will be used. The Halogen software will:
- Support employees, managers and Human Resources in the overall facilitation of the process
- Allow for the online recording of employee’s goals/objectives and professional development activities using online workflows
- Allow employees to track their progress against their objectives throughout the year and record changes, barriers, and successes towards completion of the agreed upon objectives
- Allow for online storage of documents by employees that support their performance planning for the review period.
- Allow for year-long access with the ability for employees and managers to capture their objective/goals and accomplishments online.
- Significantly reduce the amount of physical paper storage and manual paper based processing.
- Support better institutional reporting and a one stop shop for employees with respect to employee goal/objective setting and development