T4 and T4A slips for the 2018 tax year will be available online via Employee Self-Service (ESS) for all active University of Toronto employees? on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Paper Tax Slips for Active Employees
Active employees who have requested to receive paper delivery on ESS prior to January 31, 2019 will receive 2018 tax slips in the mail.
Any requests submitted after January 31, 2019 will affect T4 distribution starting in 2020.
Inactive employees? do not have ESS access and will receive paper tax slips in the mail. These documents will be sent to the most recently recorded mailing address in your U of T personnel file on HRIS. 2018 tax slips will be mailed from the University by the end of February.
Inactive employees who have moved or changed addresses in the past year must notify their Divisional HR Office to have your mailing information updated for future pay statements and tax slips.
Inactive employees who do not receive a tax slip in the mail may contact email@example.com to request a paper copy after March 8, 2019.
Please include the following information in your request:
- Full name, as recorded in your U of T HRIS file
- Your personnel number
- Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Phone Number
- Delivery method:
- Email—please submit your request in writing and provide a valid email address
- Standard mail—please provide a valid mailing address
- Pick-up in person—please visit Central Payroll Services at 215 Huron Street, 8th Floor, after March 8, 2019, between Monday to Friday, 2:00 to 5:00pm. A valid piece of photo ID is required.
Employees who receive T4A-NR tax slips will have these mailed to your address as recorded in HRIS. These documents will be mailed from the University by the end of February.