I need 2015 Tax Information
October 5, 2016
- Minimum wage increase:
- In accordance with Employment Standard Act, effective October 1, 2016, the minimum general hourly wage rate has been increased.
- The September 23, 2016 edition of the Provost’s Weekly Digest, included this Statement on Faculty Member Remuneration from Sponsored Research Projects.
- Proper remuneration administration of faculty-sponsored research projects:
- The goal of the Statement (also available online in the Policies, Guidelines and Procedures Page of the Research and Innovation website), is to provide clarity regarding the proper administration of faculty member remuneration from sponsored research projects and to harmonize the treatment of such remuneration in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- This Statement replaces the previous procedure and form regarding Secondary Research Contracts. Please contact Central Payroll Services if you have any questions.
- Canada Savings Bonds’ Payroll Savings Program:
- Canada Savings Bonds’ (CSB) Payroll Savings Program is back for 2016! The deadline to setup a new account or make changes to an existing plan is November 1, 2016, 8:00 pm EST. More information about the 2016 program is now available.
- Canada Pension Plan and payroll deductions:
- Employees who have reached maximum Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Employment Insurance (EI) premium contributions in 2016, will no longer have payroll deductions until January 2017. More information is available on the Deductions page.
Forms & Information
- Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200)
- Payroll Bank Authorization Form for Direct Deposit
- Payroll Deduction Change Form (Canada Savings Bonds-Payroll Savings Program)
- USW Casual Timesheets & Information Forms
- Waiver of Withholding Tax Under Regulation 105 (1)
- CPT30 – Election to Stop Contributing to the Canada Pension Plan, or Revocation of a Prior Election
Performance Assessment & Goal Setting
for Advancement Professionals
for Confidential Staff
for Professional & Managerial Group
for Senior Research Associates & Research Associates (Limited Term)
About the Process
Performance planning and assessment is an ongoing process of communication between managers and their staff. The process involves a proactive planning component at the beginning of the performance year; ongoing feedback and coaching during the year; as well as an annual end of year meeting to:
- Assess and discuss the staff member’s relative success in achieving the goals and objectives for the review period and ‘how’ these objectives were achieved using the defined competencies;
- Recognize strong performance;
- Identify areas requiring improvement and/or development and plans for meeting the training needs; and,
- Identify key priorities for the following year, and set goals and objectives.
Notice: Halogen System outage October 20 to 21, 2016
Please note that due to a system upgrade, the Halogen Performance Management website will be unavailable from:
12:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 20
to 8:00 a.m. Friday, October 21
The Central Payroll Services Team provides the following services:
- Processing and payment of the university’s monthly, and bi-weekly payrolls;
- Cheque distribution;
- Direct deposit enrollment, change and cancellation;
- Lost cheque replacement;
- Maintains employee payroll records;
- Processing of all federal and provincial mandated employment tax forms; and,
- Issues calendar year-end tax documents.
For general payroll inquiries, please contact 416.978.0452 or email@example.com.
The team is available from: 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m., (4:30 p.m. from Canada Day to Labour Day) Monday to Friday. We are located at 215 Huron Street, 8th Floor, Toronto, ON M5S 1A2.