I need 2016 Tax Information
February 7, 2017
It’s tax time again: 2016 T4 slips available February 23, 2017
2016 T4, T4A, and T4ANR tax slips will be available on Thursday, February 23, 2017.
Tax Slip Consent Program
Employees who were newly hired, returned to work, or renewed their employment contract after March 2016, as well as those who have provided consent through ESS, will no longer receive the paper T4 slip if they were active employees in February 2017.
All employees with access to ESS will be able to view and print copies of their 2016 tax slips on Thursday, February 23, 2017.
All employees with ESS access must obtain a copy of their tax slips through ESS. No paper copies will be provided.
Those individuals without ESS access may request a copy from Central Payroll Services by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after March 8, 2017.
You may receive two 2016 tax slips if:
- You moved from a Casual to an Appointed position, or vice versa
- You are an employee who is a member of United Steel Workers (USW) and passed your probation date in 2016
Information for employee’s T4, T4A, and T4ANR filing and due dates:
- Important Dates for Individuals on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website
- All about your tax return (CRA website)
Central Payroll Services
Forms & Information
- Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200)
- Payroll Bank Authorization Form for Direct Deposit
- Payroll Deduction Change Form (Canada Savings Bonds-Payroll Savings Program)
- USW Casual Timesheets & Information Forms
- Waiver of Withholding Tax Under Regulation 105 (1)
- CPT30 – Election to Stop Contributing to the Canada Pension Plan, or Revocation of a Prior Election
Performance Assessment & Goal Setting
for Advancement Professionals
- Compensation Policy
- 2016 to 2017 Performance Assessment (paper) (SDO and SPM not in Pilot)
- 2016 to 2017 Performance Assessment (SPM Pilot)
- 2017 to 2018 Objective Setting (SPM) – coming soon
- 2017 to 2018 Objective Setting (SDO) – coming soon
for Confidential Staff
for Professional & Managerial Group
for Senior Research Associates & Research Associates (Limited Term)
About the Process
Performance planning and assessment is an ongoing process of communication between managers and their staff.
The process involves a proactive planning component at the beginning of the performance year, ongoing feedback and coaching during the year, as well as an annual end of year meeting to:
- Assess and discuss the staff member’s relative success in achieving the goals and objectives for the review period and how these objectives were achieved using the defined competencies
- Recognize strong performance
- Identify areas requiring improvement and / or development and plans for meeting the training needs
- Identify key priorities for the following year and set goals and objectives
The Central Payroll Services team provides:
- Process and payment of the University’s monthly and bi-weekly payrolls
- Cheque distribution
- Direct deposit enrollment, change and cancellation
- Lost cheque replacement
- Maintenance of employee payroll records
- Processing of all federal and provincial mandated employment tax forms
- Calendar year-end tax documents
For general payroll inquiries, please contact 416.978.0452 or email@example.com.
The team is available from:
Monday to Friday
8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(4:30 p.m. from Canada Day to Labour Day)
We are located at 215 Huron Street, 8th Floor, Toronto, ON M5S 1A2