I need 2015 Tax Information
- Income Tax Guide: Employee or Independent Contractor? (PDF)
- 2015 T4 / T4A / T4ANR Tax Slip Information
January 2, 2017
Welcome back everyone and Happy New Year!
Additional Tax Credits & TD1 Form
Just a reminder, for employees who request additional tax credits in 2017, a new TD1 form should be submitted to your department prior to the first pay in January 2017.
This form can be downloaded from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website. Links to CRA forms can be found on HR & Equity’s Forms webpage.
New Legislative Rates
Employees who maxed out Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Employment Insurance (EI) deductions in 2016 will have deductions started from January’s pay in 2017. More information can be found on the Statutory (Legislated) and Other Deductions webpage.
Tax Slip Consent Program
Since 2015, all active employees have had access to their electronic tax slips through the enhanced Employee Self-Service (ESS). At this time, the T4 Tax Slip Consent Program was launched in March 2016.
Employees who submitted consent through ESS, who were newly hired, who returned to work, or who renewed their employment contract after March 2016, will no longer receive the paper T4 slip if their employment remains active in February 2017.
Do we have your correct address?
In order to have the correct delivery address showing on the T4/T4A slip(s), it is important to notify the Payroll office if you will be moving or have moved in 2016.
Students who updated addresses in ROSI will also need to notify the payroll office in order to update the same address in HRIS.
Tax Slip Status
The Central Payroll Services team is diligently working on the T4 / T4A slips production. The delivery date is scheduled for the last week of February, so stay tuned!
Forms & Information
- Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200)
- Payroll Bank Authorization Form for Direct Deposit
- Payroll Deduction Change Form (Canada Savings Bonds-Payroll Savings Program)
- USW Casual Timesheets & Information Forms
- Waiver of Withholding Tax Under Regulation 105 (1)
- CPT30 – Election to Stop Contributing to the Canada Pension Plan, or Revocation of a Prior Election
Performance Assessment & Goal Setting
for Advancement Professionals
for Confidential Staff
for Professional & Managerial Group
for Senior Research Associates & Research Associates (Limited Term)
About the Process
Performance planning and assessment is an ongoing process of communication between managers and their staff.
The process involves a proactive planning component at the beginning of the performance year, ongoing feedback and coaching during the year, as well as an annual end of year meeting to:
- Assess and discuss the staff member’s relative success in achieving the goals and objectives for the review period and how these objectives were achieved using the defined competencies
- Recognize strong performance
- Identify areas requiring improvement and / or development and plans for meeting the training needs
- Identify key priorities for the following year and set goals and objectives
The Central Payroll Services team provides:
- Process and payment of the University’s monthly and bi-weekly payrolls
- Cheque distribution
- Direct deposit enrollment, change and cancellation
- Lost cheque replacement
- Maintenance of employee payroll records
- Processing of all federal and provincial mandated employment tax forms
- Calendar year-end tax documents
For general payroll inquiries, please contact 416.978.0452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team is available from:
Monday to Friday
8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(4:30 p.m. from Canada Day to Labour Day)
We are located at 215 Huron Street, 8th Floor, Toronto, ON M5S 1A2